32hr Medication Aide
***READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING.
Table of Contents
Approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing and managed by VCU Department of Gerontology, this 32-Hour Medication Management course instructs participants on how to administer and assist residents in self-administering medication in the group home, adult daycare, or correctional facility environment.
Class Dates & Times
Online Class Dates:
Dates: “ONLINE Anytime” with GoToTraining
Times: Online Anytime x 2-weeks
- Location: Employer facility or Fresh Start Healthcare
- Anyone NOT working in a facility with an approved instructor (LPN/RN) on staff MUST contact our office to register for our monthly Clinical hours.
Prerequisites: Groups Only, registered by employers
Strongly Suggested but not required:
40-Hour Direct Care, 40-Hour PCA (Personal Care Aide), or Nurse Aide Certificate
- Hands-on Skills Required (Scheduled after Online class completion)
- Documentation of MARs and Insulin Injections
- Upon successful completion of the course, Certificates will be provided to the EMPLOYER within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays).
- All fees are non-refundable once classes have started, or you have accessed any of the information.