Nurse Aide (CNA) – Blended (Online/Onsite)
***READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING.
Table of Contents
About This Class
The Nurse Aide Program (CNA) is a Virginia Board of Nursing-approved program. This program exceeds the required 80 hours of lecture/skills and 40 hours of clinical experience.
Through lecture, video, role-playing, and hands-on skills, laboratory and clinical practice, you will learn procedural skills such as bathing, dressing, positioning, and vital signs. You will also learn key communication techniques to provide compassionate care for the elderly and others in need of personal care.
The cost of this course includes the textbook, all classroom materials, and supplies. As well as a 2yr CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
Pre-requisites: Reading Comprehension of the English language as required by the Virginia Board of Nursing Employment.
Post Class Employment Opportunities:
Long-Term Care, Assisted Living, Hospital, Home Health, Personal Care, Hospice, Adult Day Care, Private Duty.
The classroom portion of this program is Online.
- Mandatory Orientation, here you will receive textbooks and course overview/instructions.
- You must have textbooks to start class.
* No Exceptions or Excuses.
- All Lesson Plans have assigned dates/times to follow closely.
- Students must be prepared to follow the program schedule.
- If Online class is not complete on time, student will be dropped.
- You must pass online portion to go to Skills.
- You must pass Skills to go to Clinicals.
- You must complete Clinicals successfully to complete the program.
Class Dates & Times
Online Class Dates:
- Check Calendar for class dates.
- Orientation is ONLINE and MANDATORY
- Online class portion may be accessed 24/7 after Orientation.
- Students will be assigned Onsite dates once Online portion is completed.*
*DUE TO COVID-19: All ONSITE DATES & TIMES are subject to change.
Skills & Clinical Attire
Skills & Clinical Attire:
- Scrubs ONLY
- Scrub Covers and Name Badges are supplied at the facility only to avoid contact concerns with COVID-19.
**Blended CPR/AED/First Aid
Online portion must be completed prior to the start of Skills date.
- Current PPD (TB) Test or Chest X-Ray ($25 to $45)
- Current Criminal Background Check from the Virginia State Police ($15 or more)
- Upon successful completion of the course, Certificates will be provided within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays).
- All fees are non-refundable once classes have started, or you have accessed any of the information.