***READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING.
Table of Contents
About This Class
The Pharmacy Technician course is designed to prepare students to assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Students will obtain a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and Pharmacy Law skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, prepare, and dispense medications under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
This class is an Asynchronous ONLINE Class (with discussion/questions on Sundays.) You can learn online whenever and wherever is convenient for you.
*National Exams require you to be 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED.
Dates & Times
Online Class Dates:
- Check Calendar for class dates.
- Orientation is ONLINE and MANDATORY
- This class is Online and may be accessed 24/7 after the Orientation.
- Assignment dates & times must be followed per the Instructor.
- Discussion/questions with the instructor, will be on Sunday’s from 10am-12pm.
Important Class Info
- Instructions will be emailed from your Instructor the day before your class date. If you do not see your link, please check your SPAM folder prior to calling.
- Your “Join Code” and “Bookstore Access Code” will be emailed to you from your Instructor on the class start date.
- Students will be required to take the National Certification Exam, this cost not included.
- National Certification requires online renewal every 2 years per PTCB or ExCPT, this cost is not included.
- Certification Years: License Renewal annually per Virginia Board of Pharmacy- this cost is not included.
- Students will need a Laptop, Tablet, or Smartphone in order to complete this class, this is not included.
- You will be required to pass your Fresh Start Healthcare final exam with an 80% in order to successfully complete this class.
- Upon successful completion of the course, Certificates will be provided within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays).
- Students who successfully complete the class will be eligible to apply for the national (ExCPT/PTCB) examination.
- All fees are non-refundable once classes have started, or you have accessed any of the information.